Friday, October 26, 2012

Mushroom Festival, Here We Come!

This Sunday, October 28, is the annual Mushroom Festival at Mount Pisgah Arboretum in Eugene, OR. I am excited about:
  • Seeing friends
  • Seeing how the Mushroom Festival Posters turned out in real life
  • Seeing how the Mushroom Festival t-shirts turned out in real life
  • Admiring hundreds and hundreds of fresh-collected, astonishingly beautiful, artistically inspiring wild mushrooms from the local area
  • Sketching those mushrooms. Oh yes. 
And speaking of sketching, here are some of the very early sketches I did when planning for the Mushroom Festival poster art this year. We were still trying to decide what species to draw, and this is how I was gathering data on the three choices.


I think that brown sketchbook paper might serve me well at the event too!


No comments:

Post a Comment