Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Baby Hands

Through a combination of innate reflexes and personal style, a baby's hands and arms can be very bold and expressive.


I haven't yet been able to capture the fleeting "jazz hands" reflex when our little peanut is startled, but I do have plenty of chances to draw how she drinks milk with her pinky up, as if sipping tea with royalty.


There is so much personality in those tightly-closed fists, too.


If it weren't for the chilly winter weather, I'd likely be sketching her tiny baby toes as well--but for now, warm socks are the priority. (A project for spring?)


2 comments:

  1. Oh boy I found them. How lovely these sketches are! She is a lucky girl to have her Mama document her first days and weeks. Cost Plus World Market had a contest recently. They call lifting the little finger while sipping,"Doing the Downton"! You have a real little lady there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these. They are so cool. Can you be my mother in my next life? Please!

    ReplyDelete